Mission & Core Values
The mission of Bluegrass Youth Ballet is to enhance lives by providing dance education in a positive environment for all youth
through high quality training, innovative performances, and cultural experiences.
Expectations of the Art Form:
Dance is an art discipline that, by itself, will educate students in a variety of ways. Bluegrass Youth Ballet believes that the
arts in general are a source of well-being. Dancers will benefit from this art discipline by improving their:
- Self-esteem and self-respect
- Ability to concentrate
- Ability to resolve problems
- Memorization skills
At BYB, dancers of all ages will be taught to interact and respect themselves, as well as other dancers, and their instructors.
These are skills that are essential for life!
Dancers have a better understanding of their bodies, and they will gain better stamina, body control, and muscle tone. Dance
increases coordination and improves musicality. Dance is an art, but dancers are also athletes!
Expectations of our Students:
- To conduct themselves with their best behavior and manners and to adhere to BYB Rules & Policies
- To give 110% effort
- To focus their energies on themselves instead of comparing themselves to other dancers. (Doing so avoids a competitive environment)
- To maintain the required level of commitment
- To avoid negative comments about other people
- To respect each other's person and personal belongings
- To attend class regularly and to be on time